Looking for an easy meat free and full of flavour dish? Check this vegetarian taco recipe with Betsita’s red chimichurri sauce, will lift your veggies to new heights!
This sauce is full of mild chillies.
- Betsita's red chimichurri
- 4 big portobello mushroom (or 6 small)
- 4 tbsp of red chimichurri
- 1/4 cup of spring onions (to garnish)
- 6 sprigs fresh oregano or your favorite herb
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 8 small tortillas (wheat or corn)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C on fan bake.
- In a baking dish, brush the top of each mushroom with oil. Place mushrooms gills up and spread 1 tbsp of Betsita's red chimichurri on each mushroom.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender (exact cooking time will vary based on mushroom size). If there is any sauce left in the pan, spoon it over the mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Deep the tortillas quickly in water to damp them (if prepackaged corn tortillas), before you cook them on a pan.
- Slice the mushrooms and serve on tortillas.
- Garnish with spring onions, oregano leaves and drizzle more chimichurri on top if you like.