Who said cooking crayfish was complicated? Don’t go cray cray anymore, and check this easy recipe, with Betsita’s Caribbean Magma and New Zealand Crayfish.
- 350 grams of crayfish tails (around 2 big tails)
- 2 tbsp of butter (too cook the crayfish)
- 1 tbsp of butter to brush on the buns
- 2 baby italian rolls or 2 hot dog style buns
- 1 tsp of Betsita’s Caribbean Magma
- ½ cup of celery
- ¼ cup of good quality mayo
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of chives
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Steam the crayfish for around 6 minutes, or until it starts turning red (don’t worry, it’s ok if it’s a little undercooked, we’ll cook it more in the butter).
- De-shell the tails, cut the crayfish to your liking (I cut it around 2cm by 2cm).
- Heat the butter and paprika in a pan, cook the crayfish gently, for no more than 90 seconds.
- Let it cool down, and mix it with the dressing, add salt and pepper to taste
- Brush the buns with melted butter and grill them on a pan until they turn a bit golden.
- I used baby italian bread, because I personally prefer it, over hot dog buns, and I cut the edges a bit, to brush the butter, before grilling them.
- Garnish with chives.