Have you tried ranch style eggs (huevos rancheros)? I know they look kinda messy, but I promise you this recipe is full of flavour. Betsita’s chile de arbol sauce tops the eggs so beautifully and adds juiciness to your breakfast.
- Betsita’s Chile de Arbol sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp of oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 small tortillas (corn or wheat)
- 1 avocado
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Heat oil and butter on a pan on medium heat.
- Crack in eggs and cook for 2 minutes until whites are set but yolk is still runny (or cook for a little longer if you prefer a firmer yolk).
- Top them off with 2 tbsp of Betsita’s Chile de Arbol sauce, before you cover the pan.
- Cook the tortillas on another pan (if prepackaged corn tortillas, damp them quickly in water to soften them up, before you cook them on the pan).
- To serve, place a tortilla on each plate and top with slices of avocado, a fried egg, cherry tomatoes and Chile de arbol sauce.