- Betsita’s Caribbean magma
- 400g to 800g of prawns
- 2 diced tomatoes
- ½ small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch of cilantro (ideally cilantro, but this time I couldn’t find a good one, so had to use a homegrown Cuban oregano instead)
- 8 lemons squeezed (you can use less, if this is too citrusy for you)
- 2 large avocados cut into small cubes
- 1 diced yellow capsicum
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanche the prawns in boiling water for about 1 to 2 minutes (depending on the size of the prawns) or until they start turning orange, then shock them in cold water and strain when cooled.
- Add the lemon juice and marinate for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and marinate for 30 mins more (for a quick recipe, no need to marinate more, unless you'd like to enhance a more citrus flavour in all ingredients).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Betsita’s Caribbean Magma, to your taste.