Camarones al ajillo (garlic prawns) is one of the most popular typical dishes in Central America. Betsita's red chimichurri sauce is the perfect marriage with seafood and addictive topping to anything savoury.
This sauce has just mild chillies.
Serves 2 to 4
- 400g of prawns
- 4 tbsp of red chimichurri
- 1 clove of garlic
- Pre cooked rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 75g red pepper (or 1/2 of a pepper)
- 25g coriander to garnish or your favorite herb
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Salt and pepper
- If the prawns are shell-on, you'll need to peel them.
- Cut the pepper in thin slices and finely chop the garlic into small bits.
- Sauté the garlic, peppers in a pan with oil for around 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns and 4 tbsp of Betsita's red chimichurri, sauté the prawns for 2 to 3 minutes or until they change to a more orange colour.
- Add the prawns to your pre cooked rice
- Garnish with your favorite herb.
- Drizzle more chimichurri on top if you like or salt to taste.
- Serve with lemon wedges.